In order for any leaflet distribution campaign to be successful in terms of generating a decent response rate, five components have to come together at the same time.
1) There has to be a demand for the product or service you are selling. In other words, there is probably not much point in trying to sell typewriters in today’s electronic world (unless you are an antiques dealer)!
2) The leaflet design must appropriate for the audience you are targeting and should stand out from the ‘crowd’. In any leaflet distribution campaign your first priority it to get the attention of the recipient. For further information on leaflet design, see our help and resources.
3) The timing has to be right. There is, for example, little point in marketing sun cream in the middle of winter!
4) Assuming that the first three are correct then you need to persuade people to respond there and then. If people like what you are selling and decide to keep your leaflet (rather than bin it) then you have probably not succeeded because the chances are that they will either lose it or bin it at a later date. You need to entice them to respond there and then. There are many ways to achieve this, the most effective of which is a good time limited offer, for example:
5) Last but by no means least, the leaflet distribution has to be done properly by a reputable and reliable company. For example, response rates will fall if your leaflet is delivered along with others leaflets (see our article on sharing leaflet distribution). It will be even lower if half of them never get delivered (get dumped in a bin, for example). For further information, read our article which discusses some of the tricks less reputable companies play when distributing your leaflets.
Company Name: 2112 Direct Marketing Ltd
Company Number: SC352956.
VAT Registration No: 971 0992 00
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.